Senior Cyber Security Engineer - Fintech
Leading up to our the launch of our digital asset exchange later this year, we are actively hiring a strong IT engineer with hands on technical knowledge of cyber security to help ensure the stability and security of our system.
- Perform daily vulnerability assessment, threat assessment, mitigation and reporting activities in order to safeguard the Company's information assets.
- Perform penetration tests of our systems and provide solutions to mitigate further risks
- Assess and review current technology infrastructure to identify key risks areas, and ensure adequate level of control are in place to address those risks.
- Recommend technological and architectural upgrades/modifications to Agency's Information Systems Security architecture.
- Perform vulnerability scanning on Information Systems to ensure protection has been put in place on those systems.
- Conduct remote administration to include managing accounts, passwords, server updates, patching, and backups of Windows and Linux/Unix servers.
- Provide incident response functions when appropriate and coordinate activities with site Incident Handlers.
- Conduct research pertaining to the latest malware, viruses, worms, etc. and the latest technological advances in combating unauthorized access to information.
- Support Information Assurance asset deployments, upgrades, and maintenance; including servers, databases, network assets and wireless intrusion detection (WIDS) LAN security.
- Write guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and other technical documentation.
- Perform other Network Security/Information Assurance tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information systems or equivalent
- Strong hands on technical experience in Cyber Security a must
- Must have experience with Vulnerability Assessment (VA) and penetration methods
- Ethical Hacker (CEH), CISSP and/or SANS/GIAC Certification, CCNP/CCDP and Cisco WLAN certification a plus.
- Experience administering Windows and UNIX-based systems and TCP/IP networking.
- Knowledge of anti-virus software functionally and capabilities
- Knowledge of wireless LAN security (802.11)
- Advanced Routing and Switching, Remote Access, Multilayer Switching, Cisco IOS security, VPN security, and Troubleshooting
- Experience working in a network security environment highly preferred, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
- Certifications from Offensive Security, GIAC as well as Crest highly preferable as a base level technical knowledge
Can you work under pressure and meet very tight deadlines? If so, you can expect excellent benefits and package, along with a great startup culture and perks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.